Get the best flight deals online by using www.avianca.com. Avianca has been the national airline and flag carrier of Colombia since December 5, 1919. The airline was initially registered under the name SCADTA and is currently headquartered in Bogota, D.C. The airline’s main hub is located at the El Dorado International Airport and it is listed on the Colombia Stock Exchange. It is also a trademark that is composed of a group of seven Latin American airlines, whose operations combine to perform as one airline using a code sharing system.
Avianca is the largest airline in Colombia and the second largest in Latin America. It has the most extensive network of destinations in Latin America. It is owned by Synergy Group S.A., a South American holding company specializing in air transport. Avianca is the second oldest airline after KLM. It celebrated its 90th anniversary in 2009 when it announced its merger with TACA. The airline became an official member of Star Alliance on June 21, 2012, after a process that lasted for almost 18 months. Get more information about the company on avianca.com.
How to Check In Online with Avianca
If you’ve already booked a ticket with Avianca, you can check in online to avoid additional delays on the day of your scheduled flight. Here’s how:
- Look for the tab that says ‘Web Check In’.
- On the next page, you can check in at the time you want with without worrying about anything. The system is secure and it is designed for the convenience of passengers like you.
- Don’t forget to activate the pop-up windows on your browser to continue with the process. Tick the box to indicate that you accept the terms & conditions and click on the yellow button that when you’re ready.
From this page, you can also check your flight status, ticket status, track your luggage, request a refund and many more. Simply use the appropriate tab to perform the activity that you want to do.
How to Book a Flight with Avianca
If you haven’t booked a ticket with the airline but would like to get one, simply follow the steps below:
- The booking area is immediately accessible on the homepage, it is located on the left hand side of the page.
- Make sure that you click on the ‘Flights’ tab to begin the process. Enter your origin, destination, departure and return dates on their corresponding fields. Don’t forget to indicate the type of booking that you are making (roundtrip, one-way & multi-city) and the number of passengers as well.
- Find the yellow button that says ‘Search Flights’ and wait for the system to provide results.
If you need help in purchasing the ticket, click on the link that says ‘How to Buy’ that can be found on the lower left corner of the booking area. If you want to pay for your booking, click on the link that says ‘Payment’ found right next to the ‘How to Buy’ link.